My Photo
Name:
Location: Stephens City, Virginia, United States

Monday, September 25, 2006

Martha, family and other news

I was posting so well there for a while. Then life interrupted! I wish I knew how to be one of those super organized, always on top of everything kind of girls. Chuck says I always am trying to do too many things at once which is probably right.
On early Friday morning I will be flying to New York City to be in the audience of the Martha Stewart show. I'm going with my good buddy Brenda Miller who is a huge fan of Martha! Just so you know, I will be wearing a brown sweater set and brown glen plaid slacks. And the cutest shoes ever! I got these http://www.eddiebauer.com/eb/product.asp?product_id=30263&nv=3|21473|104&lview=&color=245*Tan&cm_cg=C104&tid=&c=&sc=&lp=v1i010 and they look just fabulous with skirts and slacks!!! I am the pickiest shoe person ever as I have big feet which make me soooo self concious. Silly isn't it? Who cares?...but that's my thing. So when I find something that I like, I'm thrilled! Then on Saturday, Brenda and I will be doing an all day Good Things workshop with Martha and her staff! I am going to learn flower arranging. Brenda thought it was best that she do the holiday table setting class when I asked if paper plates would be used. Ha!
I spent this past weekend in Fairmont with my family. We had a great time! All my kids were there and my siblings. We had a cook out on Saturday with Mom and Dad and then Sunday after church, went to Chuck's Mom and had a delicious meal of ham (my favorite!!!) and all the trimmings. YUM! Chloe and Maggie were very well behaved. Maggie is having some real issues with her hips and was miserable on Saturday. But perked up Sunday and is glad to be back home today.
Speaking of the dogs, Chloe will have a new baby sister this afternoon. Courtney and John will be picking up Violet from the breeder. She is a six week old great dane with a merle coat which for those that don't know..including me until recently...is a grey coat with black spots. She will certainly make Chloe's life interesting I'm sure. Chloe has been queen of her universe for three years and will probably be quite put out by a new puppy. Guess Courtney will eventually work up to a human baby! LOL!
Watch for puppy and Martha pictures coming soon! In the meantime, here is a picture of Elisabeth and her boyfriend Carey with me trying to be a camera hog!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Oh Tracy! I'm GREEN with envy! I LOVE Martha! You better hang on to that friend of yours! LOL SCORE!!! And the SHOES! THE SHOES!!! Fab!!!! Have fun and be sure and tell Martha I said hello from South Dakota...I know that will just make her day! :o)) FUN FUN FUN for you!!!!! Can't wait to hear all the details! :o)

Kim

10:53 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Oh my gosh! A Great Dane! I grew up with Great Danes! They are lovely dogs! Violet is stunning! Congratulations! I hope you will post photos of her as she grows :-)

7:43 PM  
Blogger Carole Watkins said...

Tracy, is that Fairmont, West Virginia???

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home