My Photo
Name:
Location: Stephens City, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Hanging Her Head In Shame...

I know, I know! I should be better at writing on this thing. But I can't ever think of anything to say. Lori from Notforgotten Farm has been nagging me so I will try to do better in the future!
I recently got back from the Charlotte cash and carry market and had a blast. Paulette Stewart (Omaha) was introduced as a new designer and her first sampler was a huge hit. I'm so proud of her! We had so much fun over the weekend and after playing a practical joke on her I hope she still calls me friend! I introduced four new designs at the market and they should be pictured on the site very soon.
Another exciting venture for me is being included in a fantastic collaboration sampler called "A Most Noble Pursuit". Ten designers have each designed a block on a huge sampler which is 408 stitches wide by 242 stitches high. The fabric is by Lakeside Linen, frame by Primitive Traditions and threads by Needlepoint Silk. Brightneedle, Tricia Brage Designs, Primitive Traditions, With My Needle, La-D-Da, The Workbasket, A Stitch And A Prayer, Praiseworthy Stitches, Carriage House Samplings and Hands To Work are the designers. I've seen the sampler with five blocks stitched and it is FANTASTIC! This will be a limited edition sampler so let your shop owners know that you are interested so they can get what they need at the Nashville market in February 2006.
I'm working on some new designs for Nashville and hope to have a little something out before Christmas. Too many things to do and not enough time!
One last thing. My husband Chuck and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on Monday the fifteenth of August. We were surprised with a wonderful surprise party last Sunday and had so much fun with friends and family. I never cease to be amazed by the generosity of others! I am so blessed with an amazing husband, three fabulous children, a loving extended family and the best friends anyone could want. Thanks so much!!!
Tracy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home