My Photo
Name:
Location: Stephens City, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

The leaves are starting to turn in the Shenandoah Valley. It has been a beautiful fall. The weather is fantastic! And now that the nights are getting cooler, I sleep so good. I love fall!
My newest design in on the website. The sampler is called I Wait For The Lord and is stitched on wonderful Lakeside Linen using one color of Needlepoint Silk and is framed in a Primitive Traditions frame. You can see the picture on the first page of the website. I'm waiting on the finishing of the Christmas stocking ornaments and I got an email from Charity, a friend and stitcher who always bails me out when I need her, that she is sending my Christmas Bird back to me. So I will get him in a frame and get the chart out asap.
My little WV sampler is still waiting to be stitched. I finished one and donated it to the West Virginia Folk Life Center Auction at Fairmont State University. Now I have to get my needle busy on stitching the second one for the model. I have a hard time carving out stitching time as I have too many irons in the fire (so my mother tells me!). I am currently participating in an online dollmaking class given by Gail Wilson...www.gailwilsondesigns.com...and hope to actually start on the doll today. I am trying to learn some sewing and finishing skills that I have never taken the time to do. I think this class will be fun and I will have a reproduction doll that I can save for a someday grand daughter as a result!
I'm off to the UPS store to send my trunk show to Something Extra in Toledo, Ohio. If you are in the area, stop by to see my newest designs.
Have a great week and keep those needles stitching!
Tracu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home