My Photo
Name:
Location: Stephens City, Virginia, United States

Monday, October 04, 2004

A Hectic Fall!

It's been a while since I last updated my journal. It has been quite busy at the Riffle household the last few weeks. But it is slowing down a bit here which is a good thing as I have gotten quite behind in my designing and stitching!
My newest design is pictured on the first page of the site and is called I Wait For The Lord. I have to say it is one of my favorites. I love samplers stitched with one color. I hope to have the stocking ornaments back from the finisher soon so I can get that chart out. And I have two designs that are being stitched by friends. One tenatively called Merry Christmas Bird (not too original I know but that is the best I can come up with) is in MO and the other which is also a bird theme but has no name and is in Ft Myers FL. Those should be finished before too long and I'll get the pictures up asap.
I'm starting on a new venture. I enrolled in a dollmaking class online. The class is through Gail Wilson and you can view her fabulous designs at www.gailwilsondesigns.com. I have to paint the body parts this week and will start this afternoon. Hope it goes well! I am also going to be doing some very tiny stitching and finishing, even will learn how to make needle lace. This exercise will help with my stitching and finishing I am sure. I have made many things on my sewing machine over the years but have much to learn. I know this class will be a help!
My youngest daughter Elisabeth turned eighteen yesterday and I'm so amazed that she could possibly be that old! Wow!
Have a great week and keep those needles moving!
Tracy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home